10 March 2010
Here's to Reminders of What Childhood Feels Like!
It's 12:40 and I'm still up doing homework. Yesterday was the same, and tomorrow doesn't look like it'll be any different. So as I'm trying to complete my paper through the fog that fills my brain after 11, my hamster, Cally, is running nonstop on what is supposed to be a silent wheel. I'm getting frustrated to the point of tears when she suddenly jumps off the wheel while it's still going. Crazy girl. I ignore it and go on, but she does it again and again and again. "What could possible be the draw in this insane stunt?" I'm wondering. Then suddenly it hits me- Do you remember what it was like to swing and jump off at that peak moment? Do you remember that thrill as you seemed to choke on your heart? Despite the overbearing thrill, as soon as you landed, it was back to the swing...This time to get higher than before. So I started to think, what makes us less anxious to feel the intensity of penny drops, swing jumps, and high dives? I don't know, but here's to the things that remind us to live as we once did! Only this time, let's try to get higher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment