23 February 2010

Love your doggies!


I just heard the saddest story of my life. I girl in my class recently went to D.C. to see her boyfriend. I get to class today and ask her how her trip went. She told me that it was a fabulous trip, but she came home to find her dog dead. What a punch in the stomach! How can life go on without their unconditional love and angelic company? She said she was so broken that she skipped the whole week of school. I think I'd have to withdraw from life for six months until I felt I could make it thirty minutes without crying. This dog got her through her parents' divorce and when her own engagement failed within six months of each other. She also slept on her bed every night since she was 8! Seriously, I can't even think of my Evan now without my heart filling with dread at the day I might find him dead. What am I supposed to do when that happens? Like Scarlett O'Hara, I won't think about that now. I'll deal with that tomorrow. For today, I'm going to go home, spoil my baby, and make sure he knows how much I love his precious body!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nicole, I know this comment is arriving late (just started blogtrotting yesterday), but it is never to late to leave a comment about "our best friends in the world"! I'm a pet lover and owner and I have always considered them, for their intellence, their soul, and total love without condition, the best campanion-soulmate. Just look into their eyes (not just glazing into them) and you will see their god-given soul.
    Today I decided to write about "PETS" in a later post and it would be wondeful if, you in the meantime will like to join us at Love Accents Couture Accessory.
    Have a nice day Nicole!
    Love,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete